Review: Death Comes To Pemberly

After watching this three-hour adaptation of Jane Austen's fiction, I felt like coming here and writing a scathing review. But I didn't want to waste the time. The best way to get the knowledge is to understand and learn others' points of view. Moreover, you can get the best services for writing as well as SEO under one go. Let's get yourself equipped with the current affairs, educational news, world, and economic gossips, and the crumbling health care system in one place. That's Daily Blog Spot that is providing the best services at your table. So I'll keep it short. Lizzie (Anna Maxwell Martin) and Darcy (Matthew Reese) have been happily married for six years and are planning their annual ball when a murder on the farm interrupts their plans.

I must admit that my curiosity took me there

To make matters worse, the only suspect is Lizzie and Darcy's curse (or one of many curses) George Wickham (Matthew Goode). Is the evil Mr. Wickham innocent, or is it just P.N. James' imagination turning Austen's favorite story into a dramatic plot? You'll have to see for yourself, but what about the latter? Exactly. I must confess that my curiosity led me there.

I must admit that my curiosity took me there

I have seen Austen's fantasies on screen and anything to do with Austen or her stories irritates me, to say the least. But for some reason something else makes me feel strange again. Fortunately, I never cared for Austen's novels, there are so many of them! Two things have piqued my curiosity. Firstly, I was interested in the way the story depicted Darcy's married life. This is my biggest disappointment remember two paragraphs ago when I said "Lizzie and Darcy are happily married"? Maybe I used the wrong word. Or maybe I should have said the opposite.

Only worse because he's wrong

They had a strained relationship before the murder, but after they had a strained relationship. Oh, my God! Darcy is angry at Lizzie for (apparently) trying to talk him out of the wedding, and Lizzie thinks Darcy is sorry he married her, which is true. They yell at each other, don't listen to each other, do their angry, inconsiderate things, and Darcy suffers the most at one point childishly refusing to hold Lizzie's hand it becomes exactly like the beginning of P&P, only worse because his idea is completely wrong.

Mostly because of the success of the actors

It was all so bad that I didn't care about the characters, and the plot derailed my idea of what happens after the last words of Pride and Prejudice are written. Even though P.D. James wrote fantasy novels, which is good evidence that he was an Austen fan, I find it hard to believe that he portrayed all the characters so poorly. Only Lydia (Jenna Coleman from Doctor Who) and Wickham deserve an honorable mention, but even those two, in my opinion, are largely due to the success of the actors.

The mystery was not interesting

What else caught my attention was the mystery I wanted to know whether Wickham was a murderer (at least according to P.N. James) or not. And to be sure, even that point was a worthy disappointment. The mystery was not exciting. Not exciting. I've been watching and reading a lot of Agatha Christie lately, and it's hard to compete with The Queen of Murder, but there are much better crime thrillers out there, and available on Torn Austin Avenue.

I can forget Austin for a moment

At first, I thought I wasn't going to like this book because I love Austin, but I quickly realized it's full of pretentious drama and mysteries, even though it's completely original. Still, there were rare moments when I enjoyed the book, especially when I could forget about Austin for a moment. Now, I have to reflect.

The locations and sets were as beautiful as the movie

The costumes were excellent and everyone looked good (except for a few instances where I was looking at faces), but I particularly liked Lisa's costume. You can also check the Gigs at Fiverr at your convenience. The locations and sets were beautiful, as was the filming. There was nothing fancy, but everything was high quality.

You don't have to give up, as I did

But if you don't want to watch the whole movie just for the costumes and the nice house, or if you're not in the mood for a cheesy Austin thriller, do yourself a favor and save yourself three hours check out the spoilers online! I can give them to you if you want. You don't have to give up as I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review:Captain America

Pub G Mobile

Review: Jurassic Park